Monday, December 1, 2008

Apologies and excuses!

Sorry for not posting... we are moving into the crunch week of our ISP, when we're supposed to be putting all our data together and analyzing and writing and... you get the picture. Very busy.
I have finally gotten to experience a little of the Dakar nightlife, however, by helping Zoe do "fieldwork". Ha. Somehow her project means that she has all this insider information and contacts in the high-flying nightlife of Dakar, so we went out the past two nights to a restaurant and a club and danced and had some fun.
Also...
... I saw Youssou N'dour! Now I can leave Senegal happy! We heard him do a few songs at this big free concert at the stadium here. We also some of the other big names of Senegalese music, but I must admit I don't really know any of them. Except for Titi, a female singer who is insanely popular here, who sang right after Mr. N'Dour. It was very fun, and VERY interesting to see the cultural differences in crowd reactions and shows of appreciation.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, I really have to work, though! So many stories and pictures for you all when I get home though... which is not very far from now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DON'T WORRY; BE HAPPY