Tuesday, November 18, 2008

diourbel, day 5...

Still in Diourbel but leaving tomorrow morning for Dakar. Won't I ever be pleased to get back to my computer with the keyboard that doesn't stick and such! Had, I think/hope my last interview today. At least for diourbel. Tonight I'll try and squeeze some more information out of Ibou and photocopy some eco village paperwork and then tomorrow morning i'll stay just long enough to go to their meeting with the UN group that is helping them with their solar oven project. I'm planning on leaving right after, 1pm at the latest, so I'll probably leave around 3 at the earliest. Senegalese sense of time is quite different, you know.
I'm a little stressed about getting my audio files back to dakar and getting them translated and transcribed and everything, especially since I'm planning on only spending one or two days in Dakar before leaving for the second eco village in Palmerin. I also need to go to a tailor, just for fun and shopping purposes, but what with all my meetings and tabaski coming up (big muslim holiday) i dont know when i'll have time to go or if they'll be too swamped with work to see me.
Despite these little stresses, I'm doing well and having fun. I'm feeling much better, the cold persists but no more sore throat. Also there is a magic plant that cures colds and athsma here. I'll try to bring some home with me...
xoxo,
robin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel like time is much slower anywhere that it's hot. That's why Hispanics are always late, and I'm always trying to get places super early to make up for that gene...

I miss you and can't wait for you to get home!

Alex

Unknown said...

Can you send me info on this solar oven project so we can post it on the Solar Cooking Archive Wiki?

webmaster@solarcooking.org