Monday, November 17, 2008

So far things here have been pretty up and down. The food is amazing! Last night I had this crazy salad with pasta and apples and saucisson... my friends in Dakar would kill me if they knew what I was eating... really good ceebu jen for lunch every day, with lots of stuff in it. The focus groups/interviews are going well, I think, but Im going to have a lot of work to do when I get back to Dakar. I hope I don't go back and think of something I needed to do here.
The people are nice. I had a sort of bad experience while trying to find a cyber cafe Ibou's daughter, Khady, because we ran into some of her guy friends and they were a little bit obnoxious and rude. Not intentionally, but they dynamic between them and Khady made my feminist hurt. Hard to explain on this crappy keyboard. Did I mention yet that cyber cafes SUCK?
But things are going well here and I just got some e-mails from back home that made me smile. And Ellen is very nice and good company... it's always nice to have someone to bounce things off of. And she likes Buffy. Enough said.
ahhh gotta go

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Made my feminist hurt." As if there is any part of you that's NOT feminist, Robin. ;)

Unknown said...

PS That was me.

Alex

Anonymous said...

okay really. you've actually replaced me with someone else with my same name.
love you though,
ellen